Collage

Collage

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Rants and Ramblings

Welcome to this week's edition of the random - and often un-related - thoughts running around in my head!

Before I start on my randomness....just wanted to say that the date today is an illusion.  Because there's no way that this month is half over.  It just started five minutes ago.

Ok....

1) I've never (successfully) baked a turkey before.  I'm confident that I can pull it off, but I'm busy searching recipes and tips online.

2) My hair is crazy long right now.  I curled it with my straightener yesterday and it looked so awesome!

3) Dinner in the crock pot, for tonight, is a chicken breast (the chick boobs we get at our meat market are huge-mongous, so 1 of them feeds all of us), topped with black beans and green chilis, with a tiny bit of water in there as well.  It was a quick throw-it-all-together experiment I did this morning, so hopefully it's yummy!

4) I came across this 2-ingredient recipe today.  I've never had nutella (gasp! I know.), but I've heard it's awesome.  I'm curious about this recipe.  In my experience, the 2 or 3-ingredient recipes haven't been stellar, but I would try this one.  Maybe I will this weekend?

5) I can't wait to watch the Macy's Day parade and my beloved Cowboys on Thursday.

6) Matt and I are "real" fans when it comes to Christmas trees.  I LOVE the smell and feel of a real tree.  But this year, I'm soooo not feeling all the hassle that comes with a real tree, and I'm going to price artificial ones when I'm at Sam's tomorrow.  There's just always too much going on in the month of December and we're not home enough to justify the hassle - and the price! - of a real tree.  Sad face.

7) Thanksgiving menu:  Turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, green been casserole, cranberry sauce, dinner rolls, corn casserole, deviled eggs, apple pie, pumpkin pie.  Hope everyone comes hungry. :)

8) I'm wondering if there are any other boring couples out there (like us) who would want to come over and have a game night on New Year's Eve, since I don't feel comfortable with getting a babysitter this year.  :)

9) I'm in the mood to curl up with a big bowl of popcorn and a movie on the couch in my sweats.

10) I'm so O.C. sometimes.  On my lunch break today, I got on the elliptical.  When my thirty minutes were up, I had burned 428 calories.  Not ok.  You better believe I got back on that thing to burn two more calories.  Ha!

Ok peeps, have a great Thursday!

1 comment: