Collage

Collage

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Rants and Ramblings

Welcome to this week's edition of the random - and often unrelated - thoughts running around in my head!

Be sure to check out the Spiderman cupcakes I made for Hendrix' birthday last week!

I'm feeling really stressed this week.  Before Saturday, I have to take Hendrix to get a haircut, make a dozen cupcakes, make party favors, make a birthday card (yes, I know I could just buy one, but where's the fun in that), and pack for an overnight trip to Indiana.  All while being gone from home for ten hours a day for this little gig I have called a full-time job.  Deep breaths.


I'm down two and a half pounds from Monday.  This makes me feel better about my Thanksgiving gluttony.


We got our 2013 calendars at work today.  How weird is it that getting a new year's calendar gets me very excited?  A blank slate on which to plan out life and all it's adventures?  Yeah, I know I'm a geek.



Why is it so awkward for two adults to walk towards each other in a hallway?  We have this super long and narrow hallway at work, and every single time I pass someone, they're doing everything they can to avoid eye contact.  I don't bite, people!

Our neighbors put their Christmas lights up this week.  I don't want to be mean, so I'll just say "wow."


I just tried to give back and donate blood to the Red Cross.  My veins have been known to be difficult in the past, and apparently they still are.  I was turned away.   Sorry humanity, I tried.

I purchased a portable, 2-screen DVD player on Amazon yesterday.  (Good grief, I love Amazon.)  We've been wanting one for a while.  We are travelling to Indiana 3 weekends out of 4 in December, so I figured it was a good time to get one, since we'll be spending our lives in the car.  [barf]

I'm taking Shaggy (a.k.a. Hendrix) for a haircut this evening so he's all fresh and clean for his birthday party on Saturday.  (Which, by the way, is going to be so.much.stinking.fun. *!!!*)  It's going to be weird being out after dark, period, but especially with one of the kids.  How old does that make me sound?  Ha!

OK, this post has taken me all day to write.  Signing off.  Have a great Thursday, friends!














No comments:

Post a Comment