Collage

Collage

Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving Weekend Recap (11/22-11/25)

I hope everyone had a great holiday and was able to enjoy the time with family, friends, and loved ones!  Here's what went down during our four-day weekend.

Wednesday, 11/21
Wednesday evening was our race to the finish!  We finished last minute cleaning, and pulled everything together.  The Metz's arrived around 10 pm.  We chatted for about an hour, then went to bed.

Thursday, 11/22
Brittany and I spent the morning in the kitchen, cooking away!  I'm so very proud of how well we pulled off alllll that cooking!  We made a 20-lb turkey, a 10-ish (?) lb. ham, green bean casserole, corn casserole, baked macaroni, asian sesame salad, dinner rolls, and deviled eggs.  For dessert, there was: pumpkin pie (duh), apple pie, and strawberry pretzel dessert.  It was all seriously, soooo delicious.  I'd say we managed to do quite well hosting our first Thanksgiving. :)

Pree-cooked bird.  Does that neck (at the bottom) look totally disgusting, or what?


The dark meat from the turkey.


Two plates of white meat - yumm!


Our buffet.


Our other buffet.


One of the dining tables.


The other dining table.


After lunch, we watched football (another duh) and just spent time in each others' company.  It was a pretty warm day for mid-November, so Landon and Hendrix got to play outside together for a while.  It was a very enjoyable day with the family we don't see nearly enough!


Gracie and Jameson.


The Metz crew, lounging in the living room!


Ms. Gracie.  She is about three weeks older than Jamers, but seems so much older than him!


Hendrix and Landon playing outside.


The Metz's headed out around 5 pm.  We put on our PJ's and a little Christmas music and decided to get festive!  We put up our tree, and a certain small little elf arrived - BANG - out of nowhere!  He's a sneaky little devil.  We were just sitting there, decorating the tree, when Hendrix looked up and said, "Mommy!  There's the elf!"  Well, you can imagine my shock as to how that little scoundrel got on top of the piano.....

Christmas Tree 2012.  (We finally broke down and bought an artificial tree.)


Daddy and Jamers being silly.


The pig and I during tree-decorating.


The boys decorating the tree!
























Fergus, you're so sneaky.


We named our elf Fergus.  When we asked Hendrix what he wanted to call him, he said Frog.  When we asked Jameson what he wanted to call him, he shook his head yes.  After playing around with the two words, we settled on Fergus, with Hendrix's approval, of course.  Stay tuned for his rotten little shenanigans in the upcoming weeks! :)

Friday 11/23
Friday was a fantastically lazy day!  I was woken up at 6:30 am by two little boys hollering "Mama! Mama!" from their bedroom.  For no reason other than to get my attention.  Ahh it made my heart explode to hear their simultaneous voices.  We played, lounged, and relaxed.  Matt and Hendrix went to Home Depot together.  I went and saw the final Twilight movie with a few girlfriends, and that was our Friday.
Saturday 11/24
The boys let us sleep in on Saturday!  We got up around 8.  After breakfast, we ran to WalMart for a few things, then came back home and picked up the house a bit.  We watched the OSU game, then got ready for a party and a 5k that evening.  We got to our friend's house around 4:15.  Maureen and I headed down to the start line around 4:45 for the 5:15 start time.  Every female who beat Mrs. Clause (and every male who beat Santa) won a free movie ticket.  My goal was to beat Mrs. Clause, and I did!  I came in (by my Garmin - not sure of the official results) at 26:07, which is a big personal record for me.  It was great! 

After the race, we went back to Ed and Martha's house and had some party snacks, a few drinks, and watched the Christmas parade.  Ed and Martha live right on the parade route.  We went to this party last year, and it was a great time.  We decided it would become a tradition.  It was a great time this year as well!


Sunday, 11/25
Sunday was another lazy day!  We got all of the laundry done and put away, which is always a task.  Hendrix stayed in his jammies all day!  I played with my Silhouette Cameo a bit, and worked on a craft, which I hope to reveal this week or next.

I caught a rare photo of the two of them playing together.


Daddy introduced Hendrix to the Wii remote. 



A sneak peak of the project I'm working on!




For being a long weekend, it sure flew by too quickly!  I'm hoping to use this work week to get all caught up (I'm STILL behind from missing a whole week when Jameson was in the hospital), then it'll be the weekend again.  It's going to be an eventful one and I can't wait for it!

In the mean time, I hope everyone enjoys their week!

No comments:

Post a Comment