Collage

Collage

Monday, November 12, 2012

Weekend Recap (11/09 - 11/11)

This weekend started out pretty great, and ended pretty stinktastically, but regardless, still better than last weekend!!!

Friday, 9 November
We had a pizza picnic and movie night.  This is one of our favorite things to do, lately.  We popped a frozen pizza in the oven, spread out a shower curtain liner on the living room floor, and let the boys have a picnic with their pizza.  We also watched the movie, "Coraline."  It's by the maker of "Nightmare Before Christmas," so I knew there would be a creepy factor to it.  Hendrix has been into slightly scary things lately, so I decided to give it a try.  It definitely captivated 100% of his attention for the full 70 (or however many) minutes it ran!



No nightmares were had, though, so we were all good!

Saturday, 10 November
Saturday morning, I took the boys with me to a 31/Tastefully Simple party at my friend Angie's house.  Hendrix got to play with his buddy Wes, and I picked up some yummy cheesy bacon dip and beer bread!  We were blessed with some warmer temps this weekend, so when we got back from the party, Matt and the boys went outside to rake leaves while I cleaned the kitchen.  Saturday evening, I made sausage, potatoes, and green beans for dinner.  Then, we went for a walk, and just hung out at home - our favorite thing to do!


I enjoy figuring up the nutrition information for the recipes I make.  Now I have a reason, beyond enjoyment (as nerdy as that is) to do it.  His name is Jameson. <3



Hendrix, being a "worker man," and Jameson, enjoying a delicious tennis ball.



Finger paint.  Lots of finger paint. 


 
Little sweet men playing in the rice box I made for the last week, before everything got crazy.


Sunday, 11 November
Sunday started out like any other Sunday.  We picked up around the house a bit, then went to church.  After church, we grabbed KFC (Matt has been craving KFC for at least a month!) and headed home.  Then nap time. 

Then, the flu decided to descend upon our home.  Matt felt sick first.  I could tell he was ill when he remained on the couch the entire afternoon.  He threw up first around 4 pm.  I was next.  I was outside with the boys around 5 pm.  I was trying to enjoy a glass of wine, as I do often on the weekends, and it was just NOT hitting the spot.  The thought of taking another sip of it, was making me sick.  So I poured it out.  It started getting chilly, so I took the boys inside and got them dinner.  I was feeling worse and worse with each passing minute.  Then, I was running to the bathroom every 10 minutes (sorry if that's TMI).  I was trying to convince myself that it was all in my head, and stay strong to care for the nuggets, but it wasn't a very successful attempt.  Finally, 7:45 arrived.  I read a couple stories to them, and got them in bed.  When I leaned over the crib to put Jameson down, and it pushed on my torso area, I knew that was it.  I quickly kissed Hendrix, and literally had to run down the stairs to get to the bathroom in time. Two down.

I went to sleep at 8:20 pm.  I tossed and turned, and I'm pretty sure I saw every hour on the clock last night.  I had an aching body, a pounding head, and a nauseous stomach.  Eww.  Then, at 3:30 am, Hendrix cried out.  I heard him throw up from our room.  Awesome.  I got him as cleaned up as I could, then, so as not to bother Jamers, I took him to bed with me (something I've never done before).  Matt was sleeping on the couch, so my little goose and I shared our bed.  [Turns out Hendrix is a crazy sleeper and ended up punching me in the face...LOL]

I got up at 5:15 this morning to get ready for work, and still felt pretty lousy, but - after missing a week for Jameson - knew I really needed to be there.  Hendrix woke up around 6:45.  He was still heaving, but not throwing up.  Poor boy.  Matt stayed home with him today, but just texted me and said he's doing ok.  Matt and I only threw up last night.  We were both ok through the night.  I think it was a short-lived virus.  I hope Jameson can steer clear of it!

So, that was our weekend.  Could have been better, but certainly could have been worse! 

Tomorrow, we follow up at Mercy Saint Vincent's Hospital with Dr. Horner, Jameson's endocrinologist.  I plan on working a 1/2 day in the afternoon.

This coming weekend is Hendrix's birthday weekend.  Wow, I can't even believe it.  Plus, Thanksgiving is all-too-quickly approaching, so we have some major house-cleaning to do.  I'm thinking the week should go by fairly quickly. 

I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment