Collage

Collage

Thursday, December 27, 2012

A 5-day Christmas Weekend!

I'm getting the weekend recap up late this week.  It's been a busy one! 

Friday, 21 December
I was off work on Friday.  I took Jameson to the pediatrician for his 18 month checkup.  Then, we came home and I packed the car for our Indiana trip.  We picked up Hendrix from daycare after his lunch, then drove to Muncie, IN to our good friends, Wade and Amy's house.  We had a taco bar for dinner, and watched classic Christmas movies while the kids played together.  It was great!




Saturday, 22 December
Amy outdid herself with breakfast!  We had scrambled eggs, sausage links, fried potatoes, and pancakes.  Mmmmmm.  She also has a Keurig, so I had my first k-cup experience.  It was awesome!  We headed out from the Kane's house around noon for Matt's youngest brother's house.  We got to Jon and Rachael's around 1 and had a lunch of sandwiches and chips.  We had Christmas in the afternoon, then Rachael made a rotini casserole and it was one of the best pasta dishes I've ever had!  I had two servings and was absolutely stuffed.  After dinner, we headed to Portland to stay at my mom and dad's house for my side of the family's Christmas the next day.














Sunday, 23 December
Mom and dad's church had cancelled their services, due to lots of ice on the roads and sidewalks around the church.  So it was kind of nice not to have to drive anywhere.  We got up Sunday morning and just had simple cereal and toast for breakfast.  My sister and her family arrived around 9 am, and we had our Christmas.  Again, very nice.  Then, we had the typical holiday spread for lunch:  turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls, and corn casserole.  So yummy!  Mom made her famous cheesecake for dessert.  After lunch, we watched football and just enjoyed family time.  We headed out around 3:45 pm to head back to Ohio.




Monday, 24 December
On Monday, we just relaxed and let the kids enjoy their new toys from the family.  I got started packing up the bookshelf area in our dining room. Matt ran to the store for a few groceries, and when he got back, he walked in the door carrying a Keurig coffee maker for me!!  I was so excited! I took the boys over to our friend, Angie's, house for dinner and a play date.  We got home around 8, gave the boys their baths, and put them to bed.  After we knew they were asleep, I brought down their presents, and Matt put together a wooden tool bench that "Santa" had gotten for Hendrix.


Tuesday, 25 December
The boys slept until 8!  I actually got up around 7:15 and started breakfast.  Please check out the recipe for what I made.  It's stinking delicious.  The boys opened their presents from Santa, then we had breakfast together.  Then, we just relaxed and didn't do much the rest of the day.  The boys played with their Christmas loot, I packed a few more small things, we all took small naps, and just enjoyed the day.  It was great!








We had a wonderful, family-filled weekend.  It was a weekend to celebrate being together, and also to say our goodbyes, as we are leaving for South Dakota one week from tomorrow, on Friday, January 3rd.  There was no shortage of tears shed as we hugged and parted ways from our families.  We will be back to visit as much as we can, however, and we are stepping out in faith and going where we feel God leading us right now.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas weekend as much as we did.  Time to ring in the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment