Collage

Collage

Monday, December 3, 2012

A Trip to Indiana and a Double Birthday Party (11/30 - 12/2)

Our weekend was busy, and too short!  But it was really fun.  Any time that we get to spend with our families in Indiana is always enjoyable!

Friday, 30 November
On Friday night, I was invited to have dinner and drinks with my co-workers, but I still hadn't baked a single cupcake, and the favors for the birthday party weren't done yet.  So I had to turn down the invitation.  Boo.  However, my friend, Angie, and her two little ones came over.  We had pizza, let the kids play, and I got the cupcakes baked.  After they headed home, I finished the party favors, did a load of laundry, and packed our bags for the trip to Indiana on Saturday.

Saturday, 1 December
We headed out around 8 am on Saturday morning.  We thought it would take four hours to get to Indianapolis.  It only took three, so we got to the party location about an hour early.  We killed some time at Target.  We headed back to Skyzone around 12:30. Our party guests all arrived, and then we jumped!!  If you've never heard of, or been to, a Skyzone, I highly recommend checking one out near you.  It was the most fun I've had in a long time.  We had an hour's worth of jump time, and it was just enough.  It was an absolute blast, but wow - what a workout!  My legs and arms were wobbly, and I was a sweaty mess after about thirty minutes!  Both Hendrix and Jameson really enjoyed it as well!  After we jumped, we had pizza and cupcakes.  We decided to take the presents with us, because we were running out of our allotted time in our party room. 

Jameson, climbing around on the trampolines.


Hendrix, jumping away!


The whole trampoline area.


Hendrix!


Can you see the beads of sweat all over me?  Yuck!


Hendrix and Landon with their birthday cupcakes!


Yumm!


Make a wish, buddy!


Jamers sure enjoyed his sugar free cupcake!

After the party was over, we headed to Anderson.  We were staying the night with Matt's brother, Nate, and his wife, Brittany.  (Their son, Landon, is Hendrix's age, and he and Hendrix were sharing the birthday party!!)  Matt and Nate went golfing - who knew it'd be 60 degrees on the first on December!!  Matt's mom came to Nate and Britt's house for a bit and visited with us.  When the guys got back from golf, we ordered Mexican takeout and just chilled and enjoyed each other's company.  It was nice and relaxing!

Jumping is hard work.


Uncle Nate reading a bedtime story to Hendrix and Landon.  I LOVE this picture.




Sunday, 2 December
Happy Birthday, Brittany! :)

We woke up around 8, packed the car, and headed home.  We got home around 11:15.  We pretty much did nothing all day, and it was just what we needed!  We all (well, except Hendrix, of course) took naps.  I took Hendrix out to the garage with me so I could work on a project and he could mess around.  The garage is that boy's favorite place to be.  He hammered, and drilled, and just enjoyed being boy. :)  We had an eat-whatever-you-find-in-the-fridge kind of dinner, and all sacked out kind of early.


 
This boy and his tools....


 
"Mom, I need a screwdriver so I can poke holes.  That's what screwdrivers do."

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!

2 comments:

  1. The Trampoline Party looks sooooo fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was seriously the most fun I've had in a long time!!

      Delete