Collage

Collage

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Rants and Ramblings

Welcome to this week's edition of the random - and often un-related - thoughts running around in my head!


I've started planning out my posts for 2013 in my other blog.  I really hope to develop that little brain-child of mine in the coming year.

The countdown to Christmas weekend is ON!  We are making a bunch of stops, and making sure we see all the people we haven't seen in a while, and I'm so excited to catch up with friends, family, and loved ones!

I'm growing my own green onions.  This is such a cool trick!

Monday evening, I got Plus grade gasoline for $3.07!  The regular gasoline was out of order on all of the pumps, so they had put the Plus grade at the Unleaded grade price.  Sweet!

Bad grammar bugs me in all instances.  But the one phrase that I really can't take is, "I seen it."  When I hear people say that, I want to stab out my ear drums.

Hendrix brought home "Lucky" the dog from daycare.  He's a black and tan stuffed dog, and we get him for six (yes, six) days.  He came with a couple books, a food dish, a chew toy, and a journal in which to record our adventures.  I'll write a little in the journal, but I'm going to chronicle our adventures here on the blog, of course, and write the link to the post in the journal.  Sneaky, sneaky. :)  But anyway, looks like Lucky the dog is coming to Rylee's birthday party with us this weekend.

I have oatmeal almost every day.  It's warm and comforting, and keeps me full for a good amount of time.  This morning, I varied from my usual brown sugar, cinnamon, and chia seeds version.  I used 1/4 cup of dry quick oats, added 1/2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder, mixed it with hot water, then added about a teaspoon (didn't measure this exactly) of peanut butter and a 1/2 packet of Truvia sweetner.  It was so good, and not more than 125 calories (again, I didn't measure the peanut butter exactly).

I met one of the big-whigs of my company in the fitness center on my lunch hour one day this week.  He told me that he admired my commitment and dedication to fitness.  What an awesome compliment! Pretty much made my day.

A sneaky Santa in our department left solid milk-chocolate Santa's on all of our desks this morning.  My self-control wavered.  I ate about a third of it before getting myself under control and tossing it (with a sad face) in the trash.  Oh, I love chocolate. (But I love being a size six even more!)


Random question: If time and money were no object, and you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?  I would visit Rome.  Matt and I have wanted to go there since before we got married.  Hopefully some day!


Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend.  Ours will, once again, be filled with family, and I'm super excited about that!













No comments:

Post a Comment