Collage

Collage

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Rants and Ramblings

Welcome to this week's edition of the random - and often un-related - thoughts running around in my head!





One of my biggest pet peeves about being healthy and watching calories is when people give you crap about it.  For example, comments such as these make me want to smack people:
"Oh come on, you need to eat more than that!"
"Please, it's not like you need to watch your calories. You're thin."

I'm not thin, I'm fit.  And I got this way by exercising and - oh, I don't know - WATCHING MY CALORIES.  Ok, I apologize.  Rant over.  Rant was provoked by our catered holiday lunch at work yesterday and this is what I ate, and apparently it wasn't enough:

Garden salad with cheese and croutons with french dressing.  Mmm.

Mashed potatoes (with cheese and bacon in them), beef in gravy (under the veggies) and steamed veggies.

It was all extremely delicious and it was more than I normally eat for lunch, thankyouverymuch.
(Ok, rant is really over now.  Moving on.)


I put this on Instagram yesterday, but have to share it again.  Hendrix brought his first drawing of people home from school on Tuesday.  It's a picture of daddy (on top) and myself (underneath).  I'm keeping this forever and ever.


Matt's out of town tonight for a meeting in the morning.  I have no meat thawed, nothing in the crock pot, and no frozen pizza in my freezer.  I think this calls for a McDonald's night - since Hendrix is always begging for me to take him there. :)



My rants and ramblings are few today, folks. Have a great Thursday evening!






1 comment: