Collage

Collage

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Taking Our Adventures West

I titled this blog "The Metz Family Adventures," because Matt and I always joke that everything we ever do turns into an adventure. Things in our life are rarely simple or uneventful!

Before everything unfolded with Jameson, we found out that Matt was facing being without a job come February. The account with which he works would not be renewing their contract with Matt's employer.

Matt began job searching right away. Then, on top of the prospect of joblessness, Jamers ended up in ICU, and we all know how that situation played out. God never gives you more than you can handle, right?

Well, then Matt was extended an offer from a company in Rapid City, South Dakota. He accepted that position.

We are in the process of packing up our lives, selling our house, getting set up with a pediatric endocrinologist in RC, finding a place to live, trying like heck to secure a job for me, finding daycare, and probably lots of other stuff that hasn't yet occurred to me. To say this past month to six weeks has been stressful would be the understatement of the year!

Matt will be flying out a day or two behind the boys and I. We will be setting out on Friday, January 3rd. We are going to take our time, make stops when we need to, and just go at our own pace. Barring any unforeseen travel complications, we plan on arriving to Rapid City early the following week.

Crazy? Stressful? Scary? Exciting? All of the above and more. I have so many emotions running around in my head and heart right now. I don't have words for them all, really.

But I believe that God has a plan for our family, and I'm doing my best to give it all to Him, as difficult as that is for me. If you're the praying kind of person, please keep our family in your prayers.

Big changes, and hopefully a new beginning with new opportunities. :)

1 comment:

  1. Late comment here, but just found your blog... was wondering how you like SD by now? I live in eastern SD and have all my life... love it. Two of my boys went to school at SDSMT so we spent time out there. Enjoying perusing your blog!

    ReplyDelete