Collage

Collage

Monday, December 31, 2012

Weekend Recap: 12/28 - 12/30

Friday, 28 December
On Friday evening, we kept it simple with a frozen pizza and salad for dinner.  A gentleman came and bought our camper, so that's one less thing we have to haul out to SD!  Other than that, it was a calm evening.

Saturday, 29 December
We woke up on Saturday morning to some unexpected snow.  I think the weatherman called for about a half inch, and we had gotten 2-3 inches, probably.  Angie texted me to see if we wanted to go sledding.  Of course we did!  We went to her campground and Hendrix and Wes played in the snow for about an hour before we were all chilled to the bone!  Then we headed home and got some lunch.  Matt ran a few errands during nap/quiet time.  Saturday evening, I packed a few more things, and we had skillet burgers and cheesy potatoes for dinner.  Skillet burgers are so greasy and unhealthy, but one of our favorite things!

Sunday, 30 December
What a busy day this turned out to be!  We went to the early service at church.  After church, we went to see the house where Corduroy will be staying during our transition to South Dakota.  The apartment complex we'll be at doesn't allow medium dogs like Cord, so we can't have him while we are there, but we didn't want to just get rid of him all together.  Once our house in Ohio sells, we want to buy again out in SD, and hope to get Corduroy back.  I posted this info on Facebook, and within a couple hours, had someone who was willing to temporarily take him for us!  There is another dog at that house, and it's out in the country, so he will have plenty of room to run around.  I think he'll love it.  After the boys and I had eaten lunch, I left for a bit of retail therapy!  I had some gift cards and Christmas money, and I needed a few new things for my work wardrobe. (I could still use some more, of course!)  I got a pair of gray boots, some black pumps, a sweater type dress, two new shirts, new dress socks, and two new bags.  It was great to spend money on myself for once! :)  After shopping, I stopped at Biaggi's and picked up some carry-out.  We had that for dinner, and then I put together some of our goodies for tonight's New Year's get-together.  I made the buffalo balls, cherry pie filling bars, hummus, and put together (but didn't bake) the spinach artichoke dip.  Mmmmm I can't wait to dig into the snackity smorgus board!

I feel like we didn't accomplish nearly what we needed to, in regards to our move, but we did have fun, and I suppose that's just as important.  This week is about to get crazy on another level.  The coming weekend will be a bunch of driving, and will hopefully be fairly uneventful, as far as that goes.  I'll update everyone on the move as things happen!

Happy New Year's Eve!  I hope everyone has a fun time with loved ones.  BE SAFE!

Even Batman poops.  Ha!

My sweet men in their shirts from grandfather.

Snow time!

Hendrix and his best buddy, Wes.

This dog takes so much from my boys...



My new pumps!

Spiderman squirtgun cowboy!

No comments:

Post a Comment