Collage

Collage

Monday, December 17, 2012

Weekend Recap: Enjoying Home and a Girls' Night

After travelling to Indiana the past two weekends, we were looking forward to staying home and relaxing this weekend!

Friday, 14 December
I had an appointment right after work, and I didn't get home until around 7 pm on Friday.  Bleh.  The boys had already eaten (as I requested them to), so I got home just in time for play.  Perfect! 

Saturday, 15 December
The nuggets had me up at 6:15 on Saturday morning.  Once they were fed, I cleaned up the kitchen, and let them watch a bit of TV, as I usually do on weekend mornings.  Once the kitchen was in order, the TV went off and we played.  We got out the Legos, built choo-choo train tracks, colored pictures, and played super heroes.  Saturday evening, I went out for dinner with my best girlfriends.  I love them.  We enjoyed some wine and delicious Italian food at Biaggi's.  There aren't that many Biaggi's locations yet, but I'm telling you - if you have the opportunity to eat at one - DO IT!  It's my favorite restaurant.  Sooooo delicious.

Sunday, 16 December
Sunday was more of what Friday evening and Saturday were - lots of playing, relaxing, and a bit of house cleaning.  We watched football, had chicken quesadillas for dinner, and enjoyed being a family.  I'm guessing that Matt and I weren't the only families that were taking extra opportunities to squeeze their children extra tight this weekend.


Daddy put some pomade in Hendrix's hair.  He was just too handsome.

This little heartbreaker will now smile on command. 

One of the kids' favorite activities is emptying out our corner cupboard and climbing in it.  Hendrix was already inside the cupboard, and Jameson thought he needed to join him.  Didn't work out too well!


Painting on Sunday afternoon.


These little boys bring so much joy to my life.  I can't begin to describe it.

If you have children, please give them extra squeezes today, and every day, for those who are no longer able to.  My family continues to pray for peace for those who are hurting so much right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment