Collage

Collage

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Rants and Ramblings

Welcome to this week's edition of the random - and often un-related - thoughts running around in my head.

Hendrix threw a tantrum for the books on Tuesday evening. I said "no" to something very trivial and silly, and he started to lose it. Once I say no, I stick to it, regardless, and wow. He lost it. It was just dandy.

I got in my first workout Tuesday evening, after taking 6 days off. Yay sweat!!

I feel like a dog, because this is my favorite spot in the living room. Right in the rays of sun. :)

 
The previous statement made me think of something I would say a lot when I was little.  I'm not sure why I would say it, but whenever I felt weird, or a bit out of it, I would say "I feel like a dog."  Yeah, who knows.  I was a weird child.  :)
 
I'm embracing Starbucks today.  It's tasty and just what I needed!
 
 
I'm getting ready to head to Hancock Fabrics.  I've never been to one of those, and I'm so excited.  I'm ready to have furniture and our own pots and pans and stuff at the apartment, but I'm REALLY ready to get out my darn sewing machine and start trying out this quilt business!  I have a lot to learn, but could not be more excited about creating a quilt (or 2 or 3) in 2013!
 
We are under a winter storm watch here in Rapid City.  The wind chills are to get below zero, and we are to get 3-7 inches.  I'm sure they handle winter weather much better here than they do in Ohio, but my thoughts are: Go ahead and initiate me, South Dakota!  As long as it doesn't delay the moving truck, of course!
 
My hair straightener decided to take a crap on me this morning.  Not good.  But I got a new one and it's pink and adorable.  I suppose it's a good thing that it happened today, instead of tomorrow when I'm trying to get ready for work.
 
I hope everyone has a great Thursday.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment