Collage

Collage

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Personal Challenge: April 2013

I can't believe we're in the last few days of March already!  Do new months feel like new beginnings to anyone else?  I love flipping the page on the calendar and starting over every four weeks or so!!

For a few months now, and prompted even more so by Lent (I am not Catholic, by the way), I've felt like I should issue a challenge to myself, sort of like a "fast" of sorts.

The more I've thought about it, the more I like the idea of personally challenging myself with something each month.

I challenge myself physically everyday with my cardio sessions and workouts. I need to work - this month, at least - on more of a mental challenge. Self-control, I suppose.

I would like April 2013 to be the first of monthly challenges that I will issue to myself. I'm not doing this for anyone other than myself, but I'd like to share the challenges with you, for fun, and for accountability.

I went back and forth between two things for a couple weeks when deciding on my first self-challenge. After a lot of thought, I've decided to simply give up sweets after dinner for the month of April.

I'm health and weight-conscious. If you've followed this blog for any amount of time , you'll know this about me! I have a very active sweet tooth, and it's especially hyper in the evenings. My "rule" for this month's challenge, beginning on April 1, 2013, is that after dinner, I may have either a light yogurt cup or a piece of fruit. Nothing else. No cookies. No ice cream. No candy. No sugary drinks.

This is going to give my self-control quite a workout, but it needs it. In challenging myself this way, I hope to not only improve my self-control with food, but get more into the habit of making healthier choices with my food.

I won't be perfect. I will slip up. But I'm going to do my best, and I will share my experience with you. Feel free to issue yourself your own challenge, if you'd like, and join me in this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment