Collage

Collage

Monday, April 8, 2013

April Personal Challenge - Week 1

Do you remember how I issued myself a personal challenge at the end of March?

I did well and I did terribly for the first week of my challenge, and I discovered something that I'm not loving.

How did I do well?  I did not eat anything other than a piece of fruit or a cup of yogurt after dinner once this first week!

How did I do terribly?  I made excuses for myself to load up on sugary junk during other parts of the day (i.e. after lunch, or a bite-size Twix bar on the way out the door to work).

What did I learn?  Sugar is an addictive and habit-forming substance in my life.  That probably sounds worse than it really is.  I suppose there are far worse things I could be addicted to.  And I should state from the get-go that I am NOT anti-sugar.  I know lots of people are, but I'm not. 

But I found myself walking to the kitchen to grab a handful of something sugary on more than one occasion - without even thinking about it.  I don't binge on sugar, I just grab a handful of animal crackers, mini-marshmallows, a couple pieces of candy, etc.  And I don't give it a second thought.

This past week required me to catch myself in the act and really make an effort not to do it.

So from here, I will continue to work on my sugar self-control, or lack thereof.  They say it takes 21 days to break a habit, and I'm only on day 6.  Wish me luck as I continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment