Collage

Collage

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Fitness 2013: May 19-25

Sunday May 19: REST

Monday May 20: 3.65 miles

400 calories burned --- run was terrible.  I didn't get "in my running zone" until after the 2nd mile was completed.  I hate running when my legs feel like they weigh 100 pounds each.


Tuesday May 21: 2.15 miles on treadmill, 10 minutes elliptical

430 calories burned --- I started my run "in the zone" and felt great.  Then, at about 17 minutes, my left knee started to hurt.  I thought I would just push through the run and make it.  By minute 18 I could see that wasn't going to happen.  I ran to 20 minutes, then moved to the elliptical.  Hated to cut a run short, but for the next couple days, I would focus on cross-training and muscle work in my legs to hopefully strengthen my knee.  I've dealt with runner's knee before, and it was NOT fun.  That's exactly what my knee felt like today.


Wednesday May 22: 30 minutes on elliptical + abs and knee-strengthening exercises


Thursday May 23: 30 minutes on elliptical + abs and knee-strengthening exercises

Friday May 24: 3.60 miles

Legs felt like tree trunks again, but had no knee pain (perhaps was the use of the huge knee brace, but hey - whatever works)!!


Saturday May 25: 30 minutes on the elliptical made for midgets at Sarah's house. :) 

That little thing made my calves hurt worse than death for days!!


Miles for the week: 9.40
Miles for May: 38.42
Miles for 2013: 193.66

No comments:

Post a Comment