Collage

Collage

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

May Personal Challenge: Mid-Month Update

Is it really the middle of May already?  Not going to lie - I'm totally loving the warmer temps and the color green!  I'm just in disbelief that Mother's Day has come and gone, and we're facing June already.  June is summer-for-real!!

So, you may remember at the end of April, I posted my personal challenge for the month of May.  It wasn't exactly "measurable" in an objective manner, but I promised to be honest, so here it goes.

I have actually found this challenge to be easier than expected.  I've learned that most of my irritations are a result of my pet peeves and my *slight* obsessive-compulsive tendencies (that was sarcasm, if you couldn't tell!), and not the fault of my husband.  That being said, I've found myself gritting my teeth, turning away for a quick eye-roll, simply because I haven't made an effort to change what bugs me, just how I react to it.  BUT, the negativity has stopped there!  After I get done gritting my teeth or rolling my eyes, that's the end of it.

There have been less arguments in the past couple weeks.  There have been more smiles.  There have been good conversations.  That's one thing I love most about my husband - the conversations we have, about politics, religion, annoyances in the workplace, anything!

Overall, I think I've done a great job at just taking a deep breath, and letting little annoyances go.  I constantly remind myself that it really is no big deal.  I change the subject to distract myself.  I make myself smile, which actually helps a lot.

I'm happy with how I've done with this challenge, and am excited to continue "letting things go!"

How have you challenged yourself this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment