Collage

Collage

Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day Weekend

I hope all the momma's out there got their sufficient fill of rest and relaxation, and were able to take a little time for themselves and do what makes them happy!
 
We had a pretty darn good weekend, if I do say so.  Friday evening was pretty low key.
 
Saturday morning, I got up at 5:45, drove downtown, and ran 6 miles!  It felt great, and I was back home before 7:30 am, which was amazing.
 
 
Once everyone had eaten breakfast and I was working on my first cup of coffee, we got down to business really early with cleaning the house.  We got a babysitter for Saturday evening, and - regardless of who it is - my house must be clean if someone comes over.  Matt and Hendrix went to get haircuts, and I did dishes, cleaned up the kitchen, did massive amounts of laundry, changed all the sheets on all the beds, and had Jameson help me pick up all the toys in the boys' bedroom. 
 
After Matt and Hendrix got back home, the laundry and cleaning madness continued until we were in pretty darn good shape!  We played outside for a little bit, then I finally made my way to the shower to get ready for Matt and I's date!  I love exercising and getting sweaty, but I also love being a huge girl, doing my hair and make-up.  I also - like many other girls out there - love taking selfies.  Haha!
 
 
Matt and I tried a new bar/grill called Sanford's Pub & Grub.  We chose it because their menu was quite extensive, and sounded soooooo good!
 
Well, it didn't disappoint!!  We decided to get some onion rings as an appetizer.  They were called "Brick & Onion Rings," but we didn't give it much thought. 
 
Well, it made sense once they brought them out.  Check that thing out!!  And check out the grease on my napkin.  Yowza.
 
 
 
Matt ordered an apricot beer, and it was really good.  Would be great for summertime patio sipping!  I got a tall Moose Drool, and it was tasty, as usual.
 
 
Matt ordered a steak, which I didn't get a picture of.  I got the "Pants on Fire" burger platter.  The burger was smothered in hot wing sauce and bleu cheese.  The fries had cajun seasoning on them as well.  Ohmylordy was it ever delicious.  I'm drooling just thinking about it!
 
 
 
We finished up dinner, had a little ice cream at the Sonic Drive-Thru (yes, we are oh-so-romantic), stopped by Safeway to get some cash for the babysitter, and were home before 10 pm.  Sigh. 
 
Sunday morning, I was woken up about 6 am by the sun coming through the windows.  It was a gorgeous day!  I got up, showered, and then the boys woke up.  We fed them breakfast, then headed out for Custar State Park around 9 am. 
 
  
 
The first thing we did was drive the 18-mile wildlife loop through the park.  As soon as we entered the park, we got behind a giant buffalo, taking his sweet time on the road.  So cool.
 
I think we all enjoyed the donkeys the most.  They were standing right in the middle of the road, but moved as you approached them in your vehicle.  They weren't shy!!!
 
 
 
 
After we ended the wildlife loop, we found a picnic area at Center Lake and had lunch, then played on the beach for a short time.  
 
 
 

 
Then, we packed back up and headed home.  We ended up going the wrong direction, and drove the entire Needles Highway, which I was irritated about at first, since going the wrong direction added at least 90 minutes to our drive, but it was so gorgeous.




 
With our unplanned detour, we were still able to be home by 2 pm.  The rest of the day was spent relaxing, playing outside, and moving most of the boys' outdoor toys off of our patio to make room for the addition that is to come this week!
 
I red my book, had some wine, and enjoyed the perfect springtime breeze.



 
The last picture is blurry and terrible, but pretty sums up what my weekend was all about.  Being a mom has just been the most amazing thing.  There are days where I lose my patience, that I think I'm going to scream, that I can almost feel my hair turning gray.  But every one of those moments is forgotten in about .264 seconds when I can giggle with, squeeze, and have an awesome time with my sweet boys.

 
I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment