Collage

Collage

Monday, May 20, 2013

Remember that "new addition?"

Remember last weekend, when I mentioned the "new addition" to our porch? Without further adieu, I present to you:
 
 
Grilliam.
 

Isn't he gorgeous? 
 
We had a charcoal grill in Ohio, but it was in sad shape from heavy use, and we threw it away before we moved.  We aren't able to use a charcoal grill per the rules of our apartment complex, so we purchased a gas grill this past week.  It's certainly nothing fancy, and only cost $150, including a new propane tank.
 
But it works!  We were going through grilled-food withdrawal, no joke.  We considered steak and grilled chicken, but ended up settling on some classic burgers and dogs - our favorite.
 
We seasoned each burger to our liking.  I had been dreaming of my burger all week long, and this is why:
 
Hot sauce, garlic, a bit of chili pepper, a dash of cumin, and delicious bleu cheese crumbles.  Once it was cooked, I smothered it in a mixture of hot sauce and ranch dressing and topped it with a slice of pepperjack cheese and enjoyed it on a whole wheat bun.  Holy delicious!
 
Matt's was similar to mine, but without the hot sauce. 
 
For the boys, I just seasoned theirs with garlic and seasoned salt, and put shredded cheddar in the burger.  They were more about the hot dogs though.:)
 

 
Hendrix made a couple new friends this weekend.  They are a brother and sister that live a floor below us, across the hall.  Talin, the brother, is 7 and Savannah is 5.  They seem like pretty good kids, and they played together while I cooked the food and Matt made pasta salad.


 
Drool.  Stomach growling.

 
Sizzle, sizzle.

 
Momma's special grilling drink. :)  We decided to venture out of our normal routine this weekend and make margaritas.  Either we are old or just boring, but we could barely drink them.  We are definitely not liquor people!

 
Mmmmmm.  My spicy patty of deliciousness topped with the hot sauce/ranch, lettuce, and generous amounts of white onion.

 
Matt made the pasta salad and it was seriously the best I've ever eaten!  I'm not 100% sure what he put in it, but I know it included mayo, ranch, dill weed, and bacon.  It was awesome.

 
I will be out of town this coming weekend, but I see Grilliam becoming our new weekend companion for the remainder of summer!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment