Collage

Collage

Friday, July 5, 2013

Personal Challenge: June Recap and July Challenge

Is this summer getting away from anyone else?  I blinked, and it was my baby's birthday.  I blinked again and we're already 5 days into July!!

I hope everyone had an enjoyable 4th of July with their families and friends.  I didn't get to spend the holiday with my family, BUT I do get to see them one week from today!!!!!!!

Ok so!  If you remember, my personal challenge for June was to clean and re-organize my entire apartment.  The verdict?

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.  Boom!

Matt and I's bedroom
Boys' Bedroom

Boys' Closet
Small Bathroom
Large Bathroom
Linen/Toiletries Closet
Living Room
Craft Area
Kitchen
Dining Area
Laundry Room
Patio


It took me the whole month, but I managed to re-organize the entire apartment.  We have done a pretty decent job of keeping it in order, too!

Now that the re-org is done, I'm going to spend this weekend doing last minute cleaning, since I'm going to be out of town the 2nd half of next week for a work meeting, and will get back home pretty much the same time as my family gets in.

Weekend plans include: finishing the hems and hanging the shower curtain I made (more to come there, don't worry!), vacuuming all the rooms, sweeping/mopping the floor, dusting, picking up last minute clutter, scrubbing the dining table (NOTE: do NOT buy a glass-top dining table if you have or plan to have children.), and scouring both bathrooms.  It'll be a busy weekend, but I've never been more excited to clean, due to the reason I'm doing it this time.  Whoop!!

So what's next, now that July is barreling right by?  So far this month, I've been trying to work on putting down the cell phone.  We live in a technologically advanced world, people, and I love it.  I'm not going to lie.  I love having a world of information at my fingertips at all times.  However, I feel like I'm at a place where I need to put the phone down and focus on the real world, and what's happening around me.  I have stopped texting and driving, which I think is incredibly important.  I've started leaving my phone in my purse when I get home at night, and letting myself get it out once the boys are in bed.  They really do deserve all of my attention.  They didn't choose to be my kids, I chose to be their mom.  They deserve all of me.  <3

I'm also working on putting better nutrition into my body this month.  I've gotten back onto a path of sugar and junk.  I definitely don't eat that stuff in excess, but I could surely benefit by reducing the amount of it that I eat.

SO........to recap, in the month of July - I am going to spend less time with my face in my phone/social media, and I am going to work on eating better.

3 egg-white omelet with cherries, grapes, and strawberries.  Delish!
 
 
Leftover turkey burger from the 4th (and 1/2 a hot dog) with cooked broccoli for lunch at work on Friday. Yeah, I used two forks.  I'm way too cool for one fork.  Hahaha!
 
 
 
 
I've been giving this a lot of thought lately......
 
 
 
How do you plan to challenge yourself this month?

Did you issue yourself a challenge in June?  How did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment