Collage

Collage

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Relaxing Weekend around Rapid City

Is anyone else crazy, ridiculously busy?  Yikes!  Sorry for the delay in this post.
 
This past weekend consisted of a lot of rest and relaxation and play time! (Which was good, seeing how this work week has been the opposite.)
 
I started off our Saturday by burning hellacious calories!
 
It was a really nice day Saturday, so we decided to go to Dinosaur Park. 
 


 
DP makes for some cool photo ops, but it's really not that exciting.  We spent about 45 minutes there, then decided to head to another regular playground-type park after that.
 
We decided to log a geochache while we were there.  It was a sneaky one!


 
Saturday evening, we decided to step out of our culinary comfort zone and try to grill some fish. We aren't big fish eaters, but our taste buds have changed a lot in the last few years, and we know how healthy it is for you, so we gave it a whirl.
 
We grilled salmon filets and the asparagus.  The pasta is just whole wheat penne with garlic and butter.
 
We loved it!
 
 
Sunday was more relaxation.  Matt ran to the grocery store for something, and I asked him to pick me up a bottle of wine.  This is what he brought me.  Love it!

 
Sunday afternoon, a very rare thing happened.
 
Hendrix was whiny and basically obnoxious all morning long.  Normally we let him watch TV while Jameson naps, but with his deplorable attitude, we were over it.  I told him that he didn't have to sleep, but that he was going to lay down and have quiet time, and I didn't let him argue with me about it.
 
Well, obviously he was tired. Aren't they just so handsome??

 
Sunday evening, we just played and we made a countdown calendar to July 12th, when my family and Matt's mom come to visit us.  We just cannot wait!!!


 
Overall, it was a very relaxing weekend.  How was yours?

4 comments:

  1. YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY CHRISTIAN BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  2. 700 calories? Incline? Tell me! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun weekend. We've been doing a lot of fishing lately. We usually go to Noblesville to Morse Park and Beach. We catch a lot of small bluegill and some catfish. We have been taking my six year old nephew, Skyler, he is a blast to watch. I love those sneaky caches, we get a lot of "lamp post" hides around here so a challenging one is a lot of fun. So what is you geocaching name, you can find us as cross_penny_cacher . Hope everyone is well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just snmetz84. I'll look for you! :)

      We'd like to get into fishing. I think the boys would really enjoy it. We totally don't know what we're doing though!

      Delete