Collage

Collage

Monday, July 29, 2013

Run or Dye

I'm sure you have heard about The Color Run.  Lots of knock-offs of that race/run have been surfacing, and one of them finally made it to Rapid City!

I ran Run or Dye on Saturday morning.  It was fun, but I probably wouldnt pay $45 to run a race like that again.  Mostly because I'm cheap. :)  But also because it was way more about  the "party" than it was about the run.  That's perfect for a lot of people.  But I got pretty bored with standing at the start line watching prizes being thrown into the crowd.  I wanted to run! Also, I didn't have my GPS watch for fear of the dye dust ruining it, but I know that the race was not 3.1 miles.  I'd say it was about 2.25 miles.

But regardless, it was an enjoyable experience overall, and I'm glad I had the opportunity.  Here are a few pictures from the run.






 
I apologize for the terrible quality of this photo, but I had to snap a picture.  Only in South Dakota does a run take you inside through a horse barn.....




 
I had dye dust in so many places.....

No comments:

Post a Comment