Collage

Collage

Monday, August 12, 2013

Fitness 2013: August 4 - 10

Sunday 08/04 - Rest Day

Monday 08/05 - 3.65 miles on the tread + arms and shoulders (skipped abs)

Tuesday 08/06 - 30 minutes on the elliptical + legs and abs

Wednesday 08/07 - 3.65 miles on the tread + arms/shoulders

Thursday 08/08 - No AM workout, which felt ridiculously weird.  Went as a visitor to a Crossfit class with one of the ladies I ran with a few weeks ago.  Warm ups included inch worms, squats, and deadlifts.  My Visitor WOD was 5 sit-ups, 5 push-ups, 5 squats, and a 100 m dash.  The goal was to see how many of these sets I could do in 10 minutes.  I completed 9 + 12 reps (I got to 2 squats on the last set).

It was a cool experience.  But my honest opinion is that I don't really get all the hype about Crossfit.  I love to workout.  But I can YouTube crossfit workouts and time myself at the gym I already go to, without having to pay the crazy $100 a month fees to a Crossfit gym. 

But like I said, I did enjoy the workout, and more power to all the Crossfitters out there.  But I think I'll stick to my cardio and weight lifting on my own schedule. :)

Friday 08/09 - [10 minutes at 7.0 mph, 1.5% incline -- 5 minutes at 4.0 mph, 9.0% incline] x2 + core work (crunches, obliques, back, rows, etc.)

Saturday 08/10 - REST
I have a history of pushing myself too hard.  In my quest to lean out and build muscle, I have decided that I absolutely HAVE to listen to my body a little more.  If I push myself too hard, I'm going to burn out, be unhappy, and possibly even get sick.  My legs were incredibly sore after Crossfit followed by a run, and I was just plain tired.  I chose to sleep in (until Jameson woke up, of course) and feel rested so that I wasn't exhausted and grouchy for our camping trip that we had planned.

Miles for the Week: 10.3
Miles for August: 17.6
Miles for 2013: 314.36

I want to shift my cardio focus a little bit towards less endurance cardio, and more HIIT cardio.  From what I've read and studied (and that's a lot, lately), HIIT is the best way to burn fat, which is the main thing I'm after right now.



That being said, I hope to still get a few short runs in each week.  My mileage goal for 2013 is 400 miles, and I'm currently about 85 miles away from that.  I hope to still meet that goal, but my overall goals/desires have changed in the last few months, so I'm not sure I'll get there.  We will just have to see how the next few months play out.

1 comment:

  1. If you don't have time for workouts and still want to lose weight, you can try Garcinia Cambogia Extract! I lose weight and so happy about it!

    ReplyDelete