Collage

Collage

Friday, September 13, 2013

D-Talk: Three in Ten

I've been neglecting this lil' ole blog lately, and I apologize for that. But the last 10-14 days have been crazy with a capital K.  (See?)
 
I posted a few days ago that Jameson had a nasty flu bug, and I thought that we were on the mend.  But that very night (Monday evening), we ended up taking him to the ER after he wasn't keeping anything down, even after taking Zofran.  That resulted in our third hospital stay in ten months. (Three in Ten, get it?  Of course you got it.  Sorry, I'm tired.)
 
We were there for two days, keeping him hydrated and keeping his sugar where it needed to be.  We got home Wednesday evening around 8:30 pm.
 
He's still having some diarrhea, but seems to have his appetite back, and his blood sugar has been under much better control.  I did have to give him some juice at 1 am this morning, but it was nothing as serious as the low 50's we had been getting previously.
 
Oh, how I wish for normalcy in our family again!  Oh, how I wish to only have to get up once in the night, instead of 3 or 4 times!  I do think we're *almost* there, but I'm trying not to get too positive about everything, because I don't handle disappointment well.
 
Hooked up to the IV and getting some snoozes in the ER on Monday night.

I jokingly instagrammed that this is about the 6th stuffed animal that we've gotten from our stays in the hospital. 

This poor little man has been feeling neglected, I think, due to the constant worry and attention to Jameson.  I hope to take him out on a special date this weekend. 

This was Jameson's breakfast on Thursday morning.  One piece of bread, about 1/3 c. eggs, and plain oatmeal. Lunch that day was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and nothing else.  And you wonder why he isn't eating anything.  I get a burr under my collar when hospitals put him on the "diabetic" diet.  It's ridiculous.  These diabetic diets are designed for Type 2 Diabetics, which have a completely different disease than my Type 1 son, but that's another argument for another day, I suppose.
 
Anyway.....thanks to everyone who thought about and prayed for us this past week.  We aren't out of the woods yet, but we can see the light, finally!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that he is doing better, its all tough, but those times are even harder. My wife spent a couple of days in the hospital last week. One thing I noticed was that when her meal was brought, it had a "receipt" with all the items listed, but then it gave you all the nutritional info; carbs, sodium, protein, everything. I thought that was a good way to do it. Hang in there it is hard, but it sounds like your doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete