Collage

Collage

Monday, September 23, 2013

Out and About- Geocaching in Rapid!

We ushered in the first day of fall in Rapid City with temps in the lower 90's. Gross.

We decided to get out and do a little exploring before the heat hit on, and went out in search of some geocaches!

We found one of our three attempts, but we'll be back to avenge those DNF's (did not find's)!!!!

Our search for one of the caches took us on some pretty cool trails near Dinosaur Park. The trails were far from treacherous, but did provide a small level of difficulty due to the fact that we had a not-so-agile two year old with us!
 
 
 
 

In allowing Jameson to walk on the most level part of the trail while I walked on the drop-off side, I somehow rolled my ankle. Fantastic. Matt joked that I can run 5 miles, but when it comes to a little 1/2 mile hike, I injure myself. :)
 
 
 
Hydration break!

 
The one cache we found was hidden under a group of rocks in the middle of a circle of 6 trees. It was pretty cool.
 


 

Hendrix with the cache.

We left the red snake as our swag.
 
After our trail adventure, we headed home for the afternoon to stay cool and watch some football.

 
Despite the heat, I lit some fall scented candles!

 
I tried a new recipe from Pinterest last evening and it. was. amazing.  The picture below is the only photo I got of it, because once it was on our plates, it was devoured immediately!  That being said, I don't have enough pictures of the meal or the process to justify a blog post about it, but it's on my Pinterest board entitled "Food!"  If you would like the recipe, I HIGHLY recommend trying this!

 
Overall we had a pretty good weekend!  We've got fun fall plans for the upcoming weekend as well, so if all goes according to plan, I'll have another fun weekend recap for you next week!
 
Until then, I hope you all have a productive and positive week!

No comments:

Post a Comment