Collage

Collage

Monday, October 28, 2013

Recipe: Hummus and Crunchy Bread Sticks

Whew - a big ginormous hugemongous thanks to everyone that shared my previous post.  Over 14k views - that's crazy!  You guys rock.
 
Hope everyone had a great weekend.  We headed downtown for some trick-or-treating on Saturday afternoon, went to church Saturday evening, then watched one of those knock-off Disney Pixar movies on Netflix about zombies while we had homemade burgers and fries.  Not too shabby!
 
Sunday morning, we went through our garage, sorted things, threw lots of stuff away, and listed several things for sale.  The garage is now empty, which will save us $50 a month in rental fees, and hopefully we can make a few bucks off the things we have for sale.  I think I want to research this "minimalist living" thing.  Anyone out there do it? 
 
After we busted our booties with the garage for about 5 hours, it was time to relax and watch football!  (Let's NOT talk about how that Cowboys game ended, mmmmkay?)
 
One of my husband and I's favorite snacks is hummus.  It's just so darn tasty.  It can get caloric, but it's actually pretty good for you....as long as you can control the amount you eat.  That's where I get myself into trouble!  Haha. 
 
Where we lived in Ohio, there was a middle-east market where I would buy my tahini and pita bread.  There's no such thing out here in western South Dakota, so I purchased the tahini off of Amazon, and I bought some french bread, cut it into strips, and baked it until it was hard.  It worked out wonderfully, though next time I think I'll season it with some butter and spices.
 
 
 
My recipe for hummus is pretty simple.
 
1-15 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained
1/2 c. tahini
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c. lemon juice
1/4 c. water
salt to taste
Optional: paprika and olive oil to drizzle on top
 
 
Measure out your tahini.
 
 
Then you want to turn your garlic from this:

 
into this.

 
Then, forget to take the pictures of your process.  But really, it's ok because it consists of putting all of the ingredients in your food processor, turning that mighty machine on high and standing back while it does all the work for a few minutes, until you get a creamy consistency.
 
Once I scoop it into the bowl, I like to drizzle olive oil on top, then sprinkle it with paprika.


 
You can eat it right away, but I prefer to refrigerate mine for a couple of hours and eat it cold.  Either way - YUM!

 
Pair it with a good beer of your choice and you've got a mighty fine football snack.  The beer may take away the healthy element a bit, but hey - it's the weekend, and you probably deserve it.
 

 
 
What did you do this weekend?
 
Do you like to watch football?  What team do you root for?
 
Are you a minimalist?  What advice do you have to offer someone who's interested in learning about it?
 
What are your plans and/or goals for the upcoming week?
 
 

 

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Don't have time for Pro Sports. Plans for this week? Have an Isagenix Launch Party, get people involved in getting their health back on track and hopefully their freedom. Have fun with friends and family. Busy week? Yes but worth it in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My love broke up 6 months ago and left me heartbroken, this made me sick and my problem became very very difficult and it made me almost gave up but after the love spell from Robinson Buckler, my relationship was restored instantly, I was happy that the outcome was fantastic, only 3 days after robinsonbuckler@yahoo.com started it all. Never in my life have I thought this would work so fast. My man reconcile with me and he started acting completely different, we make love everyday (last weekend, we did it 8 times in total!). Now I can say that Robinson's spells work! I can now say I feel happy once again, and like never before. It felt so good to have my lover back again, Thanks to Robinson, here is his Mobile Number to reach him +1 971-512-6745

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as i would like to advice and give my testimony how i resolve my marriage problems, typing a long text wouldn't help me tell the truth better so i would just be straight forward in what i have to say.First love spell are real second if you are to contact any spell caster be very careful so as not to contact the wrong one as at now the only one i would recommend is Ajayi Ololo.He helped me with my marriage problem and some other thing i needed to be fixed can really give details here.At a time it was hard to trust him because he asked for material i had to pay for or produce as wrong as i was,i thought he was reaping me off my money as the non-real and fake spell caster did.Just when i thought to say no more he finished what i had asked him to do for me. I felt humiliated for not trusting him at first.For me i can say he is real and if you ever contact him have no fear you're safe with him because he can fix the longest broken relationship you can see other testimony online if you are skeptical about mine.His contact email is ajayiololo@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. robinson.buckler@yahoo. com is a wonderful spell caster. Very trustworthy, My husband cheated on me for Almost for three years. he ignore me for several months and left me with nothing, but i am happy today that Robinson brought my husband back, I am so happy, Now my husband is all mine again. I can now say I'm happy again. Great spell from Robinson buckler, Robinson is genuine. I truly believe in him and his spells. he is a professional. I really enjoyed the result which i got, his love spell is marvelous, he is truly gifted, his love spell has brought me happiness, I am extremely pleased, it worked out to my test, he has the most powerful love spell, I recommend his love spell to anyone who is ready to get his or her lover back, contact Robinson buckler or call him +1-971-512-6745
    Ashely Kenneth
    California USA

    ReplyDelete
  5. My boyfriend broke up with me its been 4 days now. We have been dating sense he was 18 and I was 22. he has just know turned 21. We have been dating for 3 years and 2 and half months. Through the years we have had a really good relationship it was serious and we really wanted to be with each other forever. Of course we had are arguments but nothing too bad. I know that these past 3 months I had taken him for granted thinking he would always be there but was wrong. he told me he didn’t want to be in a relationship that he wanted to take time with himself. But he was still kissin me and hugging me and telling me that he will always love me and I hold a special place in her heart. I realized that right before he done this that I needed to get my act together but I guess was too late. I really love this boy there is something different about him he is the love of my life and I want us to have a better relationship then ever before and I wouldn’t ever take him for granted ever again I really do want to marry this boy and he wanted that too but idk how to get him back with out being clingy and desperate. Obviously he needs his space because he cheated on me and this time I really need help to bring him back and marry me, one day i was searching online and i saw a good testimony of how Dr Joy a real Africa spell caster help to restored back broken marriage, getting ex back, fix broken relationship. so i copy his email via??? joylovespell@gmail.com and told him all my problems so he ask me not to worry that my problem are solve that with 2 days, i will get him back which i believe in and put all my hope on and to my greatest notice, after the spell my boyfriend who broke up with me gave me a call to apology and feel so sorry for what he did so my dear ones that is how i got my boyfriend back with the help of Dr joy the real spell caster so also email him now on via joylovespell@gmail.com????


    Margaret Cynthia

    Usa Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete