Collage

Collage

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Potty Training Regression: An Update

I posted a while back about Jameson having regressed with his potty training.

I am happy to report that he's doing much better now.

I may or may not have bribed him with a small treat if he made it home in the same pants he went to daycare with.  Judge me as you wish - it worked!

As soon as I walk in the door in the afternoons (Matt and the boys usually get home just before me), he always excitedly tells me "I didn't pee in my pants at school today!"

Another development since the last time I posted is that he now goes potty standing up, like a big boy!  That definitely helps now that it's winter and he's in long pants and shoes all the time.  It was annoying to have to remove a shoe so we could get one foot free to allow him to straddle the toilet seat.

Ahh, it's glamorous to be the mom of young ones.  Haha! 

3 comments:

  1. My son's daycare had urinals that were kids size so he learned standing up anyways. I wasn't happy about it in the beginning but it was one less transition to go through and he isn't near as messy as I feared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy, my son is definitely messy! Our bathrooms require a weekly scrub down! Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. Reading the experiences of other parents is very helpful as we potty train our son.

    Lori Goodman
    http://www.pottytrainingsystems.com

    ReplyDelete