Collage

Collage

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Rants & Ramblings: It's Baaaack!

I used to do a post every Thursday with random thoughts running around in my head, and it was fun!
 
Let me know if you guys love it or hate it, mmmkay?



Welcome to this week's edition of the random - and often unrelated - thoughts running around in my head! 
 
Never in a million years would I have guessed that my blog post from a couple weeks ago would go viral like it did.  Check out my big whirlwind adventure that particular post took me on!

My best friend's daughter turned three last week.  She had requested a superhero cape for her birthday and I got the honors of sewing it for her.  I made a little "plate" thingy in the front with her initial and the back is a blue and white polka dot silky fabric with floral binding around the edges.  Love it, and apparently so does she!

 
 
I've been listening to pop music lately, and sometimes that embarrasses me a little bit.  Hahaha.  But the songs I'm loving right now are: 
(That one's awesome to work out to!)
BTW, PitBill is my boyfriend.
 
 
Check out my post here about this Nikon D40 and weigh in with your opinion!
 
 
 
 
I'm trying to beef up my make-up collection a little bit.  I don't wear a lot of make-up, but I always wear it.  I won't leave the house without make-up on.  I recently purchased a set of make-up brushes from Amazon, and I'm so excited to use them!  Now, the next question is:  what make-up do you ladies out there wear and recommend?  Anything - eye shadow, mascara, lip gloss, whatever!  Aaaaand GO.
 
I've been wanting a pair workout leggings for a while now (my ratty, paint-splattered shorts have about seen their last day), and I managed to leave my lifting gloves at the gym last week.  I found new gloves for $6 and some simple, but cute capri leggings for $10 at TJ Maxx.  Yay!
 
That watch on my wrist is the Polar FT4 and I love love love it.  It was one of the best $60 investments I've ever made!

 
Happy Thursday, friends!  We've *alllllllmost* made it to the weekend again!

11 comments:

  1. Get the D40. In no way should it cost you as much as you say, either. This camera is great, and it's light weight makes it a winner. Shooting is easy, and despite the smaller 5megapixel size, it will still enable you to make great enlargements up to 16x20. Please see Ken Rockwell's review, here: http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d40.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, I love your blog. Discovered it via your viral post and I've been following it ever since.

    I have a Canon Rebel and I love it. A photographer friend recommended Canon to me, which is why I chose the Rebel. However, I don't think you can go wrong with a Nikon either - I've heard great things. What I love about my camera is that it's easy to use. I'm still a beginner and I haven't perfected the different manual settings yet. If I'm feeling overwhelmed by the settings, I can easily put it in automatic mode and still get amazing picture quality.

    If you don't already have it, I recommend buying Urban Decay's Naked eyeshadow palette. It's full of perfect neutral shades - I use mine every day. I like MAC for eyeliner and lip gloss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the Urban Decay Naked palette! I use it every day also and so does my 16 yr old daughter. It's so blendable and the color builds nicely when you're looking for a little more pop.

      Delete
  3. I also found you through your viral post and what you had to say was dead-on. I am a grandma to nine grandkids (some of whom are quite coddled) and I am raising two of them. So many of their friends are hovered over 24/7 that it blows my mind. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your viral post on Facebook and thought, "ok this Chick is balls on I should follow her", so I did lol. I write blog myself, I have been Dx'd with M.S. for the last 22 years so I write about "growing up" with it since I just a baby of 20 when dx'd. I have 2 teen daughters and I write about the challenges of parenting them. Oh and I have developed a running habit! Anyhow, love your blog.
    As to makeup I love it, wear it, and sort of worship it. My favorite is Urban Decay Naked pallette for eyes. It's really highly pigmented so a little goes a long way and is really easily blendable. My girls and I all use the Garnier BB cream for a foundation. It's light so if you need more coverage it may not be for you, but I find it works for me. Mascara, now that is my weakness, I am a mascara whore and if you tell me it's new and will make my blue eyes sparkle I'm sold! haha. BTW TJmaxx rocks for workout clothes. I run alot and always need capris and tech shirts and always get them there. I'm done now :) Keep writing, I'll keep following.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I guess I should get the Urban Decay Naked Pallette, huh? Thanks for that advice, ladies. Consider me ON IT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just saw your story on GMA and feel soooo relieved! I've been trying to differentiate bullying from teasing for my two kids, ages 8 and 10. My husband hasn't been convinced that there is a difference, though, which I totally don't get! Now I can show him this and maybe talk some sense into him! He's not the one who hears the whining about so and so pushed me in line today so you should call the principle because they are a bully! Seriously? Thank you, Stephanie, for having the courage and the platform to speak up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggiemae - thank you! I've gotten so much backlash about the bullying aspect of my post, which isn't what I wanted to highlight in the first place, but I suppose people will take what the want from anything they read.

      It's good to know I'm not the only one who feels the way I do. I hope you have a great day!

      Delete
    2. You're very welcome, Stephanie! I've read some of those crazy posts! I think the elevator doesn't go all the way to the top for some of those people. Any rational person can understand your point. Thank God for the delete key! ; ) Keep up the good work!

      Delete
  7. I also found you through your viral post (which was AWESOME ) We have a Nikon D something (too lazy to go see what number it is) and really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd recommend BB cream. It's nice as a light foundation.

    ReplyDelete