Collage

Collage

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

January 2014: Goals

As you read in my New Year's Resolutions post, I have a few resolutions that I plan on working on all year.  But I also plan on setting some monthly goals for myself throughout the year.  I'm hopeful that a specific time frame, as well as setting more seasonal goals (holiday décor, getting outside for things in the summer, house cleaning and organizing during the colder months, etc) will help me be more focused on achieving them.

I have three main goals for myself for January.
 
1) Learn my DSLR camera.
I am going to try and watch youtube videos, and perhaps borrow another book or two from the library to learn more about aperture, ISO, shutter speed, and all the other bells and whistles that currently really intimidate me!




2) Study, learn, and overcome my fear of the Dexcom G4 and get Jameson started on it so that we can better track his blood sugar patterns.


These are the inserters for the transmitter site.  Get where my fears are coming from?




 
 
3) Make at least 1 craft item - with intent of giving it to someone as a gift for Christmas 2014.
After too many years of scrambling at the last minute, I'm starting Christmas even earlier than usual this year!  Hahaha.



Do you have any goals for the first month of 2014?

Is there anything you do to help you achieve goals?  Like setting aside a specific time each day to work on something, maybe?



3 comments:

  1. We'd love to have you join us at the Sewing Center for Club Sew this year. It's the 3rd Friday night of the month and we have a lesson and then open sewing until midnight. It starts at 6 and the first one is on Jan. 17th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a Digital SLR Camera Basics a couple of years ago through the Community Education of the Black Hills. It helped a TON! Registration begins on Jan 6 and the DSLR classes fill up fast. I highly recommend them and the instructor is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moneik - Ill have to check that out!
    Osara - that sounds fantastic! Thanks for the input!

    ReplyDelete