Friday, January 3, 2014

Younique Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes

I was asked to review a mascara product, and as one of my previous posts stated - I'm looking to boost my makeup collection, so I jumped at the chance!
 
The mascara is called Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes, and it's made by a company called Younique.  From what I understand, it's a fairly new company, founded in 2012 (don't quote me on that, I can't find this fact on their website, but feel like I remember reading that somewhere.)

This mascara has two components to it - the Transplanting Gel and the Fibers.  You first put on the transplanting gel, and while it's still wet, you apply the fibers, then another coat of transplanting gel to "lock" the fibers in place. But don't worry, this mascara comes off easily with your evening cleansing routine.

You can repeat this process as many times as you want for fuller lashes.  I repeated the process twice.  My pictures aren't awesome, as they were taken with my iphone, but this mascara is seriously pretty great stuff!  It's pricey - by my standards, anyway - at around $30.  But if you have the money to spend on cosmetics, I'd definitely recommend this be one of your more urgent purchases!

First, my naked eyes. :)
 
Next, my eyes with a thin coat of my normal drugstore mascara on them.

 
Next, after the complete process of gel - fibers - gel.  I'm sure you can tell which eye I applied it to!

 
More evidence.
(P.S. My nose looks huge.  Wow.)

 
Again - it's obvious which eye I put the mascara on - my left eye.

 
Here's a picture with the entire process completed on both eyes.

 
I don't have magical eyelashes, but with Younique Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lash Mascara, my eyelashes definitely stood right out!  I felt really feminine and pretty all day long!

 
So - final verdict: pricey, but worth it!  This stuff is awesome!
 
You can visit my friend Wendy's website to purchase this Younique Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lash Mascara here!

5 comments:

  1. Applying fibers? Is that like putting on false eyelashes? Or did you just put on mascara? How difficult is it to do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really easy! You apply the fibers with a mascara wand just like you do with normal mascara. The wand just looks "fluffier." Haha!

      Delete
  2. @brittany if you would like to get ahold of me I would love to talk to your more about it!! my cell is 479-883-2661 you can text me or find me on facebook under wendy claycomb roden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Jennifer, a tube generally lasts 3-4 months...this stuff is seriously AWESOME.

      You can order from here: https://www.youniqueproducts.com/Nichole325/products

      Also, we have a $50 Kit for a LIMITED TIME that includes this mascara, two eyeshadows, a lip gloss, and a makeup bag...totally worth the extra money since the mascara alone is $29 :)

      Delete