Collage

Collage

Friday, February 21, 2014

GF 4 the T1D w/CD

Fun title, right?  How many more acronyms can we use when we are speaking of our Jameson?
 
If you weren't able to decode my cryptics, that title would mean "Gluten Free for the Type 1 Diabetic with Celiac Disease."
 
We got a positive result from the biopsy two weeks ago. 
 
I expected it, but it still stung a little bit to get that phone call.
 
But whatcha gonna do, besides move on and learn to adapt?  That's exactly what we did 15 months ago when we got the T1D diagnosis, and it's exactly what we'll do now.
 
There are tons and gobs of gluten free recipes out there, and I've already loaded up my Pinterest board with lots of them!
 
Matt has been in Minneapolis all week, he just got home last night.  We are moving from our apartment into a rental house tonight and tomorrow.  So no gluten-free diet *just* yet.  Too much chaos going on.  This whole process started 6 months ago, and I've had the hunch for almost a year.  A few more days isn't going to be the end of the world. 
 
But next week, once we are mostly settled in the new place, grocery shopping and meal planning is going to take on a whole new meaning.

This is our official before picture, taken on Wednesday evening, and put on my instagram page.  I couldn't help but notice the red rash on his booty, as well as the 7-months-pregnant-looking belly.  I hope both of these things - and the chronic diarrhea and tummy aches - will be a thing of the past here very soon.
 
Hope you all have a great weekend, friends!

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stephanie is the bandage coveringvhis insulin marks? It seems such a shame to have T1D at this age. My nephew was 11 when diagnosed. It a big journey at any age. Thankyou

    ReplyDelete