Thursday, June 12, 2014

I Don't Have Any Problems

These were the "difficult" moments in my life over the past week:

1) I was soooo relieved that we got a new water heater at our house, because previously, you had to keep adjusting the water faucet - little by little - all throughout your shower to keep the water from turning cold.  So annoying.

2) When I re-fill my water bottle out of the purified water machine at work, I have to fill it two-thirds of the way full with cold water, and one-third with hot water, or the water is too cold for me to drink, and I get a brain freeze.  

3) It's annoying that we now live on the opposite side of town, and the drive to my gym is 15 minutes, whereas it used to be 8.

4) I'm bored with our dinner menu, and I can't seem to find any new recipes that sound good, or exciting, to me.

5) I'm finding it hard to squeeze in time, between work and T-Ball and other social obligations, to do the things I enjoy, such as re-fashioning the dress I picked up last week for $3, or working on sewing my quilt for the bedroom I want to re-decorate.  It's tough with so much going on.

6) Jameson's infusion site came out as he was going to bed a few nights ago, and we had to replace the site with another one we had in our medicine cabinet. Then, the next night, the battery went out in his insulin pump, so we had to change that too. So frustrating.

7) Our wifi can be so flakey some nights, and Matt's web-streamed shows freeze and buffer several times while he's trying to watch them.  I'm ready to call the internet provider and give them a piece of my mind.
*
*
*
*
*
Now, go back and read those "difficulties" with the perspective of someone living in poverty, or in a third world country.

Yeah, I don't have any problems.
Have a grateful day, friends.

4 comments:

  1. While I was reading your post I was thinking, whaaaaat? Except the part related to Jameson, the rest seemed to me like a list of "the first world problems" ... Your post is great! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. It seems like the things you worry about aren't really big of a deal, but they're still problems and I hope you get through them one by one soon. I'm rooting for your new heater. Hopefully, it does a better job than the previous one. Plus, I can kind of relate to your WiFi problems. The buffering can sometimes drive me out of my mind. Anyway, I'm glad you're keeping a positive drive out of it all. Have a great day! :)

    Dennis Cannon @ Laird & Son

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Just read your post. My wife and I have been saying this for years. We have a 9 year old son and I could'nt agree with you more. This goes on around us daily and we just don't get it. You're doing a great job. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog caught my attention. I am also a Metz! Its a rare name where I live (British Columbia) in fact, I only know of one Metz that isn't my family. :-D

    ReplyDelete