Collage

Collage

Friday, August 22, 2014

Welcome to the arsenal, you beauty.

You guys.  Most awesome addition to my kitchen EVER happened last week.

So, I've been trying to save money by using rice flour in all of my gluten free recipes. I've been grinding my own rice using a coffee grinder that I received as a gift a couple years ago. It was working. But it was a painstaking process.  I'd grind, then sift, then grind, then sift, then.....well, you get it.  It took me 20 minutes or so to grind a cup of rice flour, and it was far from finely ground.  BUT it was working, so I went with it.

However, I've been eyeing a grain mill on Amazon for about 4 months now. I recently had the 1st anniversary of my 29th birthday, and with gift money, along with a couple of gift cards, I took the plunge!

Welcome to my kitchen, you beauty. 



Check out the evidence of this machine's awesomeness:

The pile of rice flour on the left is as find as I could get it with the coffee grinder.  The pile on the right is with 1 pass through the mill grinder - on the regular setting, not even the fine setting!



This 1 pound bag of rice flour was ground in approximately 5 minutes.


Can you understand why I'm so happy???


I think my new toy and I will be BFF's for a long time to come.

Now, since the very BEST time of year is quickly approaching, I better get to the store to stock up on rice for flour, as well as cans of pumpkin and snacks for football games!!!

Whoopee!

Have a fab weekend, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment