Collage

Collage

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Poteggos


Does anyone else get just really bored with the same old things in rotation for dinner?

I like to break the monotony once in a while, and took some inspiration from Pinterest this past week and came up with a new creation. The kids and I called them "Baked Poteggos." How fun is that?

They're ridiculously easy, and very affordable! At less than $0.20 for an egg and potato each, this meal is crazy cheap, let's not underestimate it.

First, you bake your potatoes (whole), wrapped in foil at 350 for about an hour, or until a fork goes into them easily.

Then, carefully cut them in half - I used a pot holder to allow me to hold them while they were hot. Use a spoon to scoop out the inside of the potato halves. I saved that scooped potato and Matt made some mashed potatoes out of it for lunch the next day.
Crack an egg in each potato half and pop them back into the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the eggs are done to your likeness.




Voila - dinner!

Except I thought they looked kind of boring. So I dressed mine up like a taco. Avocado, cheese, salsa, and a bit of sour cream.

Party in my mouth!




If I eat a fried egg, I like my yolk runny so I can dip my toast in it. I would have preferred these yolk a bit runnier, but I guess I baked them too long! Oh well, they were still so good!



Ladies and gentlemen - Baked Poteggos.





What's your best "throw-it-together" food creation?

What's your go-to cheap dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment