Collage

Collage

Monday, April 27, 2015

Michiganders - Our New Home (Exterior)

Howdy, friends! How's your second winter spring coming along? Has anyone else gotten snow this past week? Ugh, makes me just want to scream and throw things, including an adult version of a toddler tantrum!
 
If you read my previous post, you saw that we are now living in the Grand Rapids, Michigan area. We moved for Matt's job, and instead of going through the annoyance of renting again, we purchased a home. It's a ways out from our work, though not out in the sticks by any means. The house sits on two acres, it's pretty quiet, and we really like it!
 
I'm sharing exterior photos with you today, and hopefully I'll share interior ones soon! Sorry for the gray skies and leafless trees, but I guess it's winter in Michigan until August.....
 
 
 
 
Front yard:

 
View to the west of the front porch:
 
 
Peering into the backyard from the west side of the house.
 
Backyard:
 
More backyard - woods beyond the fence!
 
The smaller of the back patios - double doors leading out from my office/sewing room:
 
 
This beast (on the bigger of the two back patios), which is no longer there.
It was disclosed when we purchased the house that the condition of the hot tub was unknown, and it was coming with the house "as is." We had a tech out, and would have gotten it up and running had the price tag been a couple hundred dollars. But to the tune of $1,200, I advertised it for free on Craigslist and Facebook and someone came and got it that night. It's their problem now. :)
 
Back of the house, from the southeast edge of the back yard.
 
Southeast of the house:
 
East of the house - two stories - perfect for bikes, mowers, etc.
(Camper is not ours, though ours will be parked in that spot very soon!)
 
Deck coming off the kitchen

 
Now.....I present to you the part of the yard that I'm MOST excited about - A Garden!!!
I purchased "Vegetable Gardening for Dummies" and am reading it at a fever pace. I can't wait to get some veggies in here and hopefully have a bit of a harvest to share with you in a few months! 
 
There you have it! The exterior and yard of our new (to us) house. Like I mentioned, we really like the location and the quiet country feel without being a million miles from civilization.
 
We are pretty much settled, so I'll try and get you a tour of the inside soon - then you can come along with me as I do several little projects and make it really "ours."
 
Stay tuned, and stay warm! (Ugh.)

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow that looks like a great property. I grew up out in the middle of nowhere and that was the best childhood you could ask for. It is just like a home that gives you respite of the rest of the world. When you are in the middle of nowhere, you have a little bit of an escape from work.

    Julia Stewart @ Daytona Buyers Agent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing a moments of your life here with us. These are some really helpful images. You could refer the happy homes blog for more home exterior design inspiration.

    ReplyDelete