Collage

Collage

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Fitness Rewind!

Living healthfully isn't a race to the finish. It's a lifestyle or a journey (which you've heard 8,000 times, I'm sure), and there are bumps in the road.
 
After I had Jameson, I started running and lost thirty pounds. I felt amazing.
 
I weighed somewhere between 125 and 130 pounds when we moved to South Dakota. If you follow me on Facebook (which is currently and temporarily de-activated, by the way), you might remember me posting the red bikini pic.
 
Then I decided I wanted to start lifting weights. I'm so very glad that I educated myself on female lifting. It's a super empowering thing to get into, and so interesting how it's not only the action of lifting weights, but the diet that really can turn your body into anything you want it to be.
 
But with weight lifting came weight gain. Some of it is muscle that I never had two years ago. But most of it is me trying to out-train my crappy diet and as a result, gaining fat.
 
I'm currently navigating one of those bumps in the road. I'm nowhere near where I was two years ago, nor anywhere near where I'd like to be. But I don't give up.
 
I'm going to start doing what I did three years ago to lose the baby weight and get myself back to where I want to be: tons of water, super healthy food choices, and running.
 
I tracked my mileage religiously, and plan to start doing that again.
 
There is no right or wrong body weight or body composition, but it's awesome to set goals for yourself. That's exactly what I'm doing, so please don't get offended because I want to lose body fat and get fit. I'm doing this for myself and no one else.
 
I have a blogger friend and high school classmate that is a runner. She just had a baby and is going to get back into running, and she does a weekly blog post on Mondays with the previous week's mileage. I think I'll do something similar.
 
It feels great to:
eat healthful and clean foods
get your heart pumping
be outside
shattering goals
sleeping well
enjoying treats in moderation.
 
And that's exactly what I intend to do.
 
Hope you can join me along the way!
 


1 comment: