Collage

Collage

Monday, October 26, 2015

Ohio Trip.

As many of you know, when we moved from Ohio to South Dakota, we put our house on the market, and it sat without an offer for 9 months. We had someone inquire about renting it, we needed help with the mortgage, and someone moved in. She was a fantastic tenant. She paid her rent faithfully on time every month and took care of the place. But she moved out last march. *Cue giant sad face.*
 
Some people she knew that lived near her parents then moved in. Living 1,200 miles away from the house, we weren't as thorough, or even as picky, as we should have been, and we let them move in without references or rental history. (Long story short: Lesson learned.)
 
Anyway, we felt like we needed to get down to Ohio and check on the house. The inside of the house was dirty, but not falling in on itself or anything. The outside needs a full weekend worth of yard work, but again - nothing catastrophic.

The sunrise headed east on I-96 from Grand Rapids.
 
But driving three hours to Ohio wasn't just for the house. We stayed with our good friends that live just down the road from that house. We went to the pumpkin patch, carved pumpkins with the kids, and watched the Ohio State game and drank apple cider sangria! (Me, not the kids. Calm down.)
 
((Side note to college football fans: how about the ending to the Michigan/Michigan State game!?!))
 
I didn't get many pictures of the pumpkin patch because I just wanted the kids to be able to run and have fun. It was a fun little farm, but good grief was it ever cold!!



Jameson and I hung out in the goat tent for a while because it was a bit warmer.


After the pumpkin patch, the kids played for a little while and we had pizza for dinner. I'm not scared of any pizza topping (with the exception of mushrooms and anchovies) and tried pepperoni and banana pepper. I'd totally get down on that again - it was delicious!

After dinner we got to carving. Matt helped Jameson and I wanted to help Hendrix, but Mr. Independent wanted to carve his all by himself, so I helped the other little ones.



Apple Cider sangria. I made it with ginger brandy, but I think I'd like to add some caramel liquor to it the next time I make it. How good does that sound?


Jameson chose a green pumpkin. Because why wouldn't he?


This is what a Jack-O-Lantern face carved by a 5 year old looks like. It's awesome.


It's always great to spend time with family and friends, but it definitely makes for a long weekend of travel!
 
We were home this past weekend and we'll be home this coming weekend for Halloween, then we're headed to Indiana for an early Thanksgiving with family at my mom and dad's house. I cannot wait!
 
Hope you're all enjoying fall! It's slipping away much quicker than I'd like to admit.
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment