Collage

Collage

Monday, May 23, 2016

Diabetes Family Camp 2016

Still unable to find anything similar here in Michigan, we packed up and headed to the Indianapolis area this past weekend for the Diabetes Youth Foundation of Indiana's overnight family camp.


We arrived and checked in around 1 pm on Saturday. We made our beds in our cabin, then headed to the campfire for an icebreaker! There were about 8 families in attendance with T1 kids of varying ages. As usual, Jameson was the youngest, and no one else his age was there. The next youngest T1 camper was a 7 year old girl. Still a good time though!

Saturday afternoon, after the icebreaker, we made stamped leather bracelets. The arts and crafts director purchased a bunch of belts from goodwill, cut them to the desired lengths, put snaps on the ends, and then we used stamping kits and hammers to imprint them as we wished. It was such a cool craft!


For Saturday night dinner, we had chicken parmesan, along with salad, broccoli, and angelfood cake and strawberries for dessert. They provided gluten free pasta and chicken for Jameson, with GF oreo cookies for his dessert.

After dinner, we played "Minute to Win It" games in the dining hall. It was several small challenges, done in Parents Vs. Kids style. The adults won!


Saturday night, we made S'mores at the campfire, complete with gluten free graham crackers for Jameson. We all crashed before 10 pm!

Sunday morning, we had sausage, eggs, and French toast bake with grapes. (GF French toast for Jamers). Then, we headed out to the open field for field games. Parents vs. Kids again. The kids were given a ton of advantages over the parents, and they annihilated us, but it's ok. We all had a ton of fun!



We had a picnic/cookout for lunch at the campfire - burgers, dogs, watermelon, pasta salad, GF mac n cheese, and cookies. It was very tasty! As soon as we had eaten our fill, we headed out, as we had the longest drive home out of all the campers.

We got home around 4, gathered the dirty laundry, started a load of laundry, then relaxed. We were (are) pretty pooped. 


We did find this turtle nesting in the yard Sunday evening. Super cool!


This week, we are going to get the pool up, get my plants in the garden (my zucchini plants started to BLOOM this week - in their starter cups - oops), get started extending the garden fence height, and cleaning the house - a little bit each night.

Our May has been quite busy. Matt travelled the first weekend, we had company the second weekend, we all travelled this past weekend. Our plans this coming long Memorial Day weekend are to do as little "going" as possible! Matt and his brother increased the size of our fire pit last weekend, so we need to break that in. It should be a busy week, but lead up to a very relaxing weekend.

Hope you all have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. My boyfriend broke up with me its been 4 days now. We have been dating sense he was 18 and I was 22. he has just know turned 21. We have been dating for 3 years and 2 and half months. Through the years we have had a really good relationship it was serious and we really wanted to be with each other forever. Of course we had are arguments but nothing too bad. I know that these past 3 months I had taken him for granted thinking he would always be there but was wrong. he told me he didn’t want to be in a relationship that he wanted to take time with himself. But he was still kissin me and hugging me and telling me that he will always love me and I hold a special place in her heart. I realized that right before he done this that I needed to get my act together but I guess was too late. I really love this boy there is something different about him he is the love of my life and I want us to have a better relationship then ever before and I wouldn’t ever take him for granted ever again I really do want to marry this boy and he wanted that too but idk how to get him back with out being clingy and desperate. Obviously he needs his space because he cheated on me and this time I really need help to bring him back and marry me, one day i was searching online and i saw a good testimony of how Dr Joy a real Africa spell caster help to restored back broken marriage, getting ex back, fix broken relationship. so i copy his email via??? joylovespell@gmail.com and told him all my problems so he ask me not to worry that my problem are solve that with 2 days, i will get him back which i believe in and put all my hope on and to my greatest notice, after the spell my boyfriend who broke up with me gave me a call to apology and feel so sorry for what he did so my dear ones that is how i got my boyfriend back with the help of Dr joy the real spell caster so also email him now on via joylovespell@gmail.com????


    Margaret Cynthia

    Usa Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete