Collage

Collage

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Our Next Adventure

If you're reading this, it means you follow my blog - THANK YOU! I have decided to go on a bit of a social media fast (other than this blog), so this link hasn't been shared anywhere.

Facebook posts have been making me legitimately angry (as in heart rate increases and I find myself gritting my teeth or clenching my fists) for a while, and I've become deeply disappointed in several people that I know and I respected (note past tense), so I've decided to just avoid social media all together for a time. It'll do me much good.

Now, down to business.
Guess what? We're NOT moving!

Hahaha! The last few "next adventures" have included a move - 1/2 way across the country on more than one occasion, and I'm ecstatic to report that our next adventure will not include packing boxes, driving a moving truck, or house hunting. Yay!

A bit of history - For several years now, the prospect of going off grid has looked great to me. Each passing year, watching the deterioration of humanity, makes it look a little more awesome.

We are not going off the grid at this point in our lives, though I refuse to say that will never happen. But we are going to start a small hobby farm/homestead, and I couldn't be more excited! I've never been one to be scared of hard work. With hard work comes a big sense of pride. I like feeling proud. 

We are an outdoory family. Our television doesn't come on M-F, and time spent staring at screens is limited on the weekends. We're outdoors 7 days a week during warmer times of the year, and still try to be out when it's cold. We appreciate and respect animals, though I don't (and won't for a second) put the worth of an animal's life over that of a human. I feel that God put animals on the earth for us, as humans, to enjoy and benefit from, and it's a healthy and sustainable relationship.






I've spent the last few months doing a LOT of research, deciding how much money we need to save to get this dream of mine off the ground, and planning, planning, planning!




This isn't a dream that's going to happen tomorrow. I'm not a patient person, and when I want something, I generally want it now. But I'm also a planner and I hate being un-prepared, so we're hoping to get everything off the ground in mid- 2017. Here's the framework of the next 12 months:

Summer 2016:
*RESEARCH! *
Lots of it.
I'm currently in my second book on raising dairy goats. I started reading the books after I exhausted my online resources.
Next, I'll start researching chickens.
*SAVING MONEY! *
We finally paid off our credit card debt last month, and are building our emergency fund. All other spare pennies are going into the fund to get the farm off the ground.
*MAKING CONTACTS*
I've reached out to several dairy goat breeders in the area, and I'm currently on two waiting lists.
The kids (of the human variety- lol) and I are going to visit a local dairy operation next weekend to experience it and ask questions.
I'm in contact with a backyard goat farmer in my hometown, and we will go visit that farm as well, next time we are in central Indiana.

Fall 2016:
*RE-BUILDLING THE GARDEN FENCE AND ADDING GOAT ENCLOSURE*
I've got plans drawn out, and costs calculated. We'll drive the posts after the garden has been harvested this year.
*CREATING AND ORGANIZING PAPERWORK TO TRACK ALL EXPENSES*
I'm not going into this farm with the intention of making a living (right away, at least), but I still want to know how much it costs me, what repairs were done and when, and how much I will maybe eventually need to sell products for to break even or make a profit.

Winter 2016/2017:
*BUILD GOAT SHELTER AND CHICKEN COOP*
I've researched and have plans worked out.
Goat shelter is 1st priority, chicken coop is 2nd. If chickens don't happen in 2017, that's ok. We can add them in 2018, or later in 2017 even.
I'll probably start building in the fall, but building a shelter will give me something to work on during the long, dull winter months.

Spring 2017:
*STOCKING UP ON FEED AND BEDDING*
*BRINGING HOME OUR DAIRY GOATS!*
*BRINGING HOME CHICKS/HENS*
As long as we have shelter and are ready for them.
*MILK THE GOATS AND PROVIDE FOR OUR FAMILY!*

Beyond 2017:
Those dreams are a-cookin' I assure you! :)


I invite you to follow along on this awesome adventure! I may or may not create a new website or blog dedicated solely to the farm, but that remains to be seen at this point. If that happens, I'll surely share that information!



3 comments:

  1. My boyfriend broke up with me its been 4 days now. We have been dating sense he was 18 and I was 22. he has just know turned 21. We have been dating for 3 years and 2 and half months. Through the years we have had a really good relationship it was serious and we really wanted to be with each other forever. Of course we had are arguments but nothing too bad. I know that these past 3 months I had taken him for granted thinking he would always be there but was wrong. he told me he didn’t want to be in a relationship that he wanted to take time with himself. But he was still kissin me and hugging me and telling me that he will always love me and I hold a special place in her heart. I realized that right before he done this that I needed to get my act together but I guess was too late. I really love this boy there is something different about him he is the love of my life and I want us to have a better relationship then ever before and I wouldn’t ever take him for granted ever again I really do want to marry this boy and he wanted that too but idk how to get him back with out being clingy and desperate. Obviously he needs his space because he cheated on me and this time I really need help to bring him back and marry me, one day i was searching online and i saw a good testimony of how Dr Joy a real Africa spell caster help to restored back broken marriage, getting ex back, fix broken relationship. so i copy his email via??? joylovespell@gmail.com and told him all my problems so he ask me not to worry that my problem are solve that with 2 days, i will get him back which i believe in and put all my hope on and to my greatest notice, after the spell my boyfriend who broke up with me gave me a call to apology and feel so sorry for what he did so my dear ones that is how i got my boyfriend back with the help of Dr joy the real spell caster so also email him now on via joylovespell@gmail.com????


    Margaret Cynthia

    Usa Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS A GREAT TESTIMONY I MUST SHARE. I never believed in spells or magic until I met India Power who bring my life is back!!! After 3 months of broken marriage, my wife left me with two kids. I felt like my life was about to end, I almost committed suicide; I was emotionally down for a very long time. Thanks to a spell caster called India Power who I met online. On one faithful day, I was browsing through the internet; I came across a lot of testimonies about this particular spell caster. Some people testified that he brought their Ex lover back, some testified that he restored their womb, cured cancer, and other sickness, some testified that he can cast a love spell to stop divorce and so on. I also come across one particular testimony, it was about a woman called Lizzy Adason, U.S, she testified about how India Power brought back her husband in less than 48 hours, and at the end of her testimony she dropped India Power personal email: indiapowerspellcaster@gmail.com or Call / Whatsapp him: +2348034453159. Website: http://newyork.chaosads.com/item/425303/ after reading all these testimonies, I decided to give it a try. I contacted him via email and explained my problem. In just 24hours, my wife came back to me. We resolved our issues, and we are even happier than before, India Power is really a gifted man and I will not stop publishing him because he is a wonderful man. Please contact him on: indiapowerspellcaster@gmail.com or Call / Whatsapp him: +2348034453159. Website: http://newyork.chaosads.com/item/425303/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Testimony By Lizzy Desler. How to get your ex back fast!

    I was hurt and heart broken when a very big problem occurred in my marriage seven months ago, between me and my husband . so terrible that he took the case to court for a divorce. he said that he never wanted to stay with me again,and that he didn't love me anymore. So he packed out of the house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get him back,after much begging,but all to no avail.and he confirmed it that he has made his decision,and he never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my husband .So i explained every thing to him,so he told me that the only way i can get my husband back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for him too. So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow his advice. Then he gave me the Email address of the spell caster whom he visited. Pristbacasim2000@gmail.com. So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address he gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my husband back the next day. What an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me, and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my husband who didn't call me for the past 7 months, gave me a call to inform me that he was coming back. So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster. So, i will advice you out there if you have any kind of problem, Please i will advice you to contact Pristbacasim, i give you 100% guarantee that he will help you solve your problems.. Email him at: Pristbacasim2000@gmail.com or call him on +2349031655970

    ReplyDelete